I recently had the pleasure to attend the NACCDO Conference in Portland with a few colleagues of mine. While at the conference, I got the opportunity to speak with people from various organizations and learn about what they knew about GG+A and the services we offer.
GG+A has a long history of partnering with hospitals and medical centers. We understand what it takes to assist these institutions in realizing their full philanthropic potential, whether they are community-based medical facilities, stand-alone treatment centers or university-affiliated hospitals. GG+A consultants take a holistic approach to fundraising, engaging development staff, scientists, organizational leaders, and key volunteers in developing a strategic operating plan that helps hospitals and medical centers develop philanthropy to its fullest potential. GG+A’s experience with fundraising across the medical landscape, both in the US and abroad, encompasses expertise in several areas, key to fundraising for cancer centers:
- Grateful Patient Programs – GG+A’s consultants have helped establish grateful patient programs at several medical institutions, including regular screening of patients for capacity, communications and engagement strategies, and stewardship plans for creating long lasting relationships with patients and their families.
- Physician Fundraising – GG+A helps define the role of physicians in fundraising at its client institutions, providing training for physicians as fundraisers, helping to establish strong working relationships between physicians and their development officers and developing the business processes and organizational guidelines which ensure that this is a coordinated effort across the institution.
- Special Events – Because cancer centers are often high profile community resources and so many family and friends of patients wish to “give back” to those places who have served loved ones with excellent and compassionate care, community based special events can be an important part of both fundraising and marketing for cancer centers. GG+A consultants can help institutions develop plans for special events that are not an “add on” to other fundraising, but a fully integrated part of the development program.
- Planned and Legacy Gifts – Planned gifts ensure that the programs which enhance all aspects of a patient’s quality of life while undergoing treatment and the development of lifesaving treatments will continue for subsequent generations of patients. The issues around these programs can be both more sensitive and more complex at cancer centers. GG+A uses its extensive experience partnering with similar institutions to draw on examples that can be tailored to the culture of its clients.
- Donor Communications – GG+A has a team of communications experts that can help develop communication plans, including calendars, budgets, and individual pieces, that support the strategic philanthropic objectives of our clients.
GG+A is a full service consulting firm, offering over 50 years of expertise partnering with the world’s finest non-profit institutions. Each client engagement offers GG+A the opportunity to assemble the team best matched to that client’s needs, while drawing on the experience and expertise of all of its staff to create a unique plan that reflects industry best practices.