Ian Wilson is a Senior Vice President working in the UK/Europe practice area at GG+A, where he partners with nonprofits across sectors to help them achieve their philanthropic ambitions.
He brings 23 years of experience to the firm, and expertise that includes:
- Driving strategic and cultural change within organizations
- Building high performing teams
- Building diverse and sustainable fundraising programs
- Growing organizational income across all income streams
- Campaign development, leadership and readiness
- Campaign Board management
- Working with key stakeholders, both internal and external, to drive fundraising activity
- Proposition and Case for Support development
- Aligning organizations across Fundraising, Communications & Brand activity
Prior to joining GG+A, Ian was the Deputy Chief Executive and Executive Director of Fundraising & Communications at Alzheimer’s Research UK (ARUK), where he led the organization in driving forward their fundraising, brand, public engagement, marketing, and communications activities. ARUK became the fastest growing medical research charity in its fundraising under Ian’s stewardship, and delivered its £100m Defeat Dementia philanthropic campaign 18 months ahead of plan. Ian was named the Chartered Institute of Fundraising’s Fundraiser of the Year in 2018 in recognition of his efforts. Ian also drove forward ARUK’s international fundraising strategy, with multi-million pound gifts received, including from Gates Ventures towards a major research initiative to detect the earliest signs of neurodegeneration much sooner.
Ian has also been an advisor to the Davos Alzheimer’s Collaborative, in partnership with the World Economic Forum; a Trustee of the UK Dementia Research Institute; and an advisory board member of the Alzheimer’s Disease Data Initiative.
Prior to this appointment, Ian was at Cancer Research UK with responsibility for delivering funding towards a number of multi-million pound projects within the organization.
Ian holds a Bachelor of Science degree, and a PG certification of Leadership and Management from the University of Sussex’s Roffey Park Management institute. He is also a Member of the Chartered Institute of Fundraising.