High-Performing Advancement Teams: Key to Institutional Success
By their nature, nonprofit organizations have compelling missions and bold aspirations. Today, the ability of nearly every such institution to achieve its vision is directly dependent on the success of its fundraising team. That’s why a robust understanding of philanthropic fundamentals and best practices is so important for program leaders, including CEOs, faculty members, physicians, trustees, and other key volunteers.
At GG+A, consultants with extensive development-leadership experience coach clients in the core competencies of major-gift fundraising: qualifying and planning, cultivating, asking, negotiating, and stewardship. Consultants with other areas of expertise are also available for individual or group coaching, on topics such as constituent engagement, direct marketing, or institutional branding.
Most important, we get to know a client’s needs first, then design a curriculum that addresses the most pressing issues.
We provide expert training and individual coaching grounded in philanthropic research, best practices, and the leadership experience of our consultants.
Effective Analytics Are Powerful Tools
Whatever an institution’s fundraising challenges, more effective acquisition and use of data will almost certainly factor into the solution.
Want your fundraisers to be more proactive in identifying potential donors and moving them to solicitation and commitment? We can help by demonstrating how to use data from wealth screening, giving histories, and other analytics most effectively. Looking for more useful detail about your current prospects? We can tap our proprietary wealth-screening tool, DonorScape®, to provide reports on capacity ratings, giving inclination, and contact histories.
Like their colleagues across the firm, GG+A’s coaches work from a baseline of data-driven evidence—and teach their clients to do the same.
Our programs can provide impactful training on many critical topics to your organization, including:
- Principal gifts
- Major-gift fundraising and leadership
- Annual giving: gateway to major gifts
- Deferred giving and complex gifts
- Building relationships through stewardship
- Understanding campaigns: keys to preparing for success
- Alumni and constituent programs: building engagement
- Advancement 101
- Strategic development or advancement communications
GG+A offers a number of models for teaching and coaching engagements, including:
- a six-course curriculum for major gift officers that includes group sessions and one-on-one coaching to help apply course content directly toward individual gift strategies
- multi-session programs for key institutional partners including deans and faculty members, physicians and clinicians, boards and other volunteers
- custom-designed programs for retreats or key planning meetings over a full- or half-day for any of the same audiences, focused on topics of critical importance to your institution
GG+A provides teaching and coaching services to the largest development operations in major research universities, hospitals, and global charities, to the smallest cause-driven nonprofit organizations, and to the full range in between. Here is a sampling:
- Boy Scouts of America
- Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh
- Curtis Institute of Music
- Field Museum of Natural History
- The Ohio State University
- Purdue University
- Southern Methodist University
- University of Minnesota Foundation
- Wake Forest University