Based in Chicago, the firm developed early relationships with a diverse range of members of the nonprofit sector, including Antioch and Berea Colleges, South Chicago Community Services, and the YMCA. Over the following decades, GG+A expanded to serve clients worldwide with a sophisticated mix of expertise in institutional advancement, custom-built analytical tools, and best-practice methodologies.
GG+A has provided philanthropic consulting services to more than 2,000 nonprofits in five arenas: higher education, independent schools, healthcare and academic medicine, arts and culture, and civic organizations. In the higher education and academic medicine sectors alone, the firm has worked with all of the top 25 globally ranked universities; nearly all members of the Association of American Universities; more than half of the top 20 hospital systems as ranked by U.S. News and World Report; flagship public universities in 46 states; four of the five top-ranked universities in Canada; and numerous universities and cultural institutions throughout the UK, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
Our current clients are engaged in fundraising campaigns with a total value of nearly $60 billion—a figure that underscores GG+A’s role in providing philanthropic counsel to institutions conducting billion-dollar-plus campaigns. Individual client goals range from $5 million to more than $6 billion, which demonstrates the firm’s commitment to serve nonprofits of all sizes.
Our client partners have conducted 97 of the 179 campaigns of $1 billion or more completed to date.
Why We Stand Out
- Strong working relationships with high-profile philanthropic networks and individuals
- Expertise in building and guiding advisory boards, governance boards, and campaign leadership boards
- A high-performance culture that values knowledge, skill, teamwork, and accountability
- An enduring commitment to working collaboratively with clients to build sustainable fundraising programs to fulfill their missions
- Pioneering use of analytics to guide philanthropy strategy and tactics
- Proven ability to create and help implement comprehensive fundraising plans that achieve defined goals
- Deep experience in the full range of advancement disciplines, including major gift fundraising, annual giving, alumni relations, advancement services, strategic communications, and philanthropic analytics
Meet the Team
See the team that is dedicated to serving our clients
with years of experience and data-driven insight.