With more than 50 years of full-service philanthropic consulting experience and an unparalleled suite of analytical tools and resources, we can help you turn “We think” into “We know.” Learn more.
A Letter From Ian Wilson
It is a real privilege to lead GG+A’s UK and Europe practice area, and to partner with clients across many sectors to support them in meeting their philanthropic ambitions.
GG+A is incredibly proud to have had a presence in London for more than 30 years, and we have been delighted to work with numerous organisations over that time. Our global client relationships are especially important to us and continue to inform and enhance our work as a firm.
In our work with clients, we have learned that the perceptions and practice of philanthropy differ around the world. We’re very aware that the historical and cultural norms that influence giving can vary across many geographical and political landscapes — from the employment of professional fundraisers and the willingness to invest in fundraising programmes, to the nuances of soliciting and stewarding donors and the engagement of academic and executive partners in the fundraising process.
At GG+A, we are very enthusiastic to partner with more organisations across the UK and Europe, and to collaborate with you and your teams to drive growth and achieve your ambitious goals. If we can help to support your objectives, please don’t hesitate to contact me at email@example.com.
Read more Thought Leadership from Ian:
Each issue of the GG+A Playbook takes a deep dive into the key challenges facing industry leaders. Our consultants share their perspective and expertise based on years of working with advancement programs of every model and around the globe. Learn from their firsthand experience and insights.
Transformational Giving: Keys to Unlock Your Organization’s Largest GiftsDownload
GG+A Playbook: European Arts and Culture Donor Discovery
Rethink the discovery process: Strategies to unlock support from your donors and prospectsDownload
Data That Drives GrowthDownload
Challenges and Solutions
One of the most formidable challenges many of our non-U.S. clients face is the need to promote the habit of giving at institutions that used to be largely or entirely state-supported and in countries where private philanthropy is less prevalent. Another, at a very practical level, is the pressure to recruit and retain highly skilled fundraising staff in markets with consistent shortages of experienced talent. Also common at higher education institutions, we find, is the need for development professionals and academic leaders to learn how to collaborate on major-gift fundraising for best results.
Whatever the combination of factors, GG+A conducts data-based analysis and provides pragmatic guidance for implementing strategic recommendations.
The right tools, ideas, and partners help an institution achieve its vision.
EsadeRead Success Story
When your constituency is around the globe, design your campaign to bring them back home.
INSEADRead Success Story
A shift in annual giving strategy yields strong results.
University of SheffieldRead Success Story
At GG+A, consultants with extensive development-leadership experience coach clients in the core competencies of major-gift fundraising: qualifying and planning, cultivating, asking, negotiating, and stewardship. Learn more.
We understand that communications tactics must flow from strategic goals and objectives. Learn more.
It comes down to four factors: Understanding industry best practices. Knowing what to measure and how to measure it. Applying the resulting insights to each unique situation. Aligning alumni engagement decisions with the overall advancement strategy. Learn more.
We help clients optimize all advancement services for major-gifts operations and provide system support to the full complement of annual giving, planned giving, alumni relations, and event management programs. Learn more
GG+A has worked extensively with leading universities and other non-profit institutions in the UK, Canada, and Australia. We also have served a variety of clients elsewhere in Europe and in Asia. Here is a sampling:
- The Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam
- American School of Milan
- American University of Beirut
- Beatson Cancer Charity
- Bethlehem University
- British School at Rome
- Cambridge University Health Partners
- Cancer Research UK
- Cardiff University
- City University London
- Clan Donald Lands Trust
- Concordia University
- Dublin City University
- Durham University
- European Molecular Biomedical Laboratory, Cambridgeshire
- European Molecular Biomedical Laboratory, Heidelberg
- Gyalyum Charitable Trust
- Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation
- Hôpital Albert Schweitzer Haiti
- IMD Business School
- Ivey School of Business
- Joseph L. Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
- Karachi School for Business and Leadership
- University of Kiel
- King’s College, Cambridge
- King’s College London
- Lancaster University
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
- Macquarie University
- McGill University
- Montréal Children's Hospital
- Moscow State Institute of International Relations
- Mount Allison University
- Museum Kunst der Westküste
- The National Gallery
- OCAD University
- Oxford Brookes University
- Prince’s Trust International
- Queen’s University Belfast
- Robert Gordon University
- University of Salford
- Scottish Opera
- Simon Fraser University
- Solar Impulse
- South Georgia Heritage Trust
- University of St Andrews
- St Cross College
- Stratford Festival
- University of Surrey
- Syrian American Medical Society Foundation
- The University of British Columbia Okanagan
- The University of Warwick
- The University of British Columbia
- The University of Edinburgh
- The University of Queensland
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- Université de Montréal
- University College Dublin
- University of Aberdeen
- University of Birmingham
- University of Calgary
- University of Cambridge
- University of Dundee
- University of Essex
- University of Hull
- University of Leeds
- The University of Manchester
- University of Ottawa
- The University of Sheffield
- University of Southhampton
- University of Strathclyde
- University of Sydney
- University of Toronto
- V&A Museum of Design, Dundee
- Victoria University in the University of Toronto
- Wageningen Universiteit en Researchcentrum
- Western University
- Women's College Hospital Foundation
- World Wildlife Fund International
- York University Schulich School of Business