High-Performing Advancement Teams: Key to Institutional Success
By their nature, nonprofit organizations have compelling missions and bold aspirations. Today, the ability of nearly every such institution to achieve its vision is directly dependent on the success of its fundraising team. That’s why a robust understanding of philanthropic fundamentals and best practices is so important for program leaders, including CEOs, faculty members, physicians, trustees, and other key volunteers.
At GG+A, consultants with extensive development-leadership experience coach clients in the core competencies of major-gift fundraising: qualifying and planning, cultivating, asking, negotiating, and stewardship. Consultants with other areas of expertise are also available for individual or group coaching, on topics such as constituent engagement, direct marketing, or institutional branding.
We provide expert training and individual coaching grounded in philanthropic research, best practices, and the leadership experience of our consultants.
Advancing Philanthropy in Your Organization
Through our established teaching and coaching programs, GG+A can raise your organization’s understanding and intelligence toward philanthropy, leading to greater and sustainable fundraising outcomes.
More than just “how-to” sessions, these programs expose participants to data and research findings directly applicable to their work. Group discussions and case studies challenge participants to think differently about fundraising, and individual coaching sessions allow the opportunity to explore new ideas and approaches to gift solicitation, campaign strategy and better operational management.
Each program includes pre-surveys for participants, supplemental readings and resources, and a post-program assessment and evaluation. Click on any of the programs below for a detailed course description and syllabus.
Programs for Gift Officers and Managers
- Advancing Philanthropy for Academic Gift Officers
- Advancing Philanthropy for Medical Gift Officers
- Advancing Philanthropy for Arts and Culture Gift Officers
- Advancing Philanthropy for Gift Officer Managers
Programs for Advancement Partners
In addition to our structured programs, GG+A can customize a specific training experience for your organization. The depth of expertise among our consultants extends across the full spectrum of advancement, allowing us to offer focused training services on topics including:
- Principal gifts
- Major-gift fundraising and leadership
- Annual giving: gateway to major gifts
- Deferred giving and complex gifts
- Building relationships through stewardship
- Understanding campaigns: keys to preparing for success
- Alumni and constituent programs: building engagement
- Advancement marketing and communication
GG+A provides teaching and coaching services to the largest development operations in major research universities, hospitals, and global charities, to the smallest cause-driven nonprofit organizations, and to the full range in between. Here is a sampling:
- Boy Scouts of America
- Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh
- Curtis Institute of Music
- Field Museum of Natural History
- University of Minnesota Foundation
- Purdue University
- Southern Methodist University
- University of Toronto
- Wake Forest University