Gifts of appreciation for a donor or member’s generosity can...
Jarel Loveless, Vice President, offers expertise in corporate fundraising strategy, major gifts, donor stewardship, and board development and management.
As the Chief Development Officer for Annie Malone Children Family and Services, Jarel oversaw a fundraising team that was responsible for securing a $2.8 million gift – the largest in the agency’s 133-year history. He obtained a multi-year major gift partnership from an internationally recognized Fortune 100 company and increased event sponsorship for May Day Parade, the second-largest African American parade in the country, by 54%.
Prior to this role, Jarel served as the Managing Director, Development Coach for Teach for America. He provided professional development and fundraising support to 18 regional teams across a portfolio that raised nearly $50 million in 2020. Jarel additionally acted as a chief development advisor for regional executives and leadership teams, in which he taught skill development and direct coaching to regional development teams.
Jarel’s other roles include Associate Director of Development at the University of Missouri-St. Louis, Institutional Giving Officer at the Saint Louis Art Museum, and Director of Annual Giving and Affinity Groups at the Saint Louis Science Center.
He received his Bachelor of Science in Journalism from Southern Illinois University, Carbondale. An active volunteer, he is a member of the Board of Directors for Memory Care Home Solutions and received the Young Professional of the Year award in 2017 from the Association of Fundraising Professionals St. Louis Chapter.
- Boston University
- California University of Science and Medicine
- Colorado State University
- Embry Riddle Aeronautical University
- Florida State University
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- The Gotham Film Institute
- Instituto Technologico de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey
- Kansas University Endowment
- King’s College London
- McGill University
- Montgomery College
- Moorestown Friends School
- Noble and Greenough School
- Occidental College
- Oregon State University Foundation
- Pennsylvania State University
- Regional One Health
- San Francisco Conservatory of Music
- Sarasota Orchestra
- St. Louis Art Museum
- The Terry Fox Foundation
- University of British Columbia
- UMass Chan Medical School
- University of New Mexico
- University of Northern Colorado
- University of Texas Health Houston
- University of Western Ontario
- Washington State University
- William Marsh Rice University