Join GG+A at CASE-NAIS 2017 in Austin, TX on January 22-24. President Suzanne Hilser-Wiles and Vice President Jim McKey will be presenting alongside three of GG+A’s independent school clients. View Presentation details below.
Working with the Next Generation of Volunteer Leadership: Campaign Edition
- Suzanne Hilser-Wiles, GG+A President
- Lauren Batten, Director of Advancement, Charlotte Country Day School
Time: Sunday January 22 @ 4:45pm
Summary: Discuss recruiting, engaging and retaining “next generation” volunteer leaders for fundraising campaigns. Explore the challenges and opportunities of working with volunteers who are leading their first campaign, changing expectations of volunteer leaders and the evolving role of staff, and practical considerations that need to be weighed in designing campaign leadership structures.
- Identify ways for engaging volunteers effectively for campaigns at your institution.
- Employ strategies for overcoming challenges in working with new or inexperienced volunteer leaders.
The Growing Role of Major Gift Officers at Day Schools
- James McKey, GG+A Vice President
- Stephanie Ball, Director of Major Gifts, The William Penn Charter School
- Helen Snyder, Director of Capital Gifts, The Bryn Mawr School
Time: Monday January 23 @ 2:30pm
Summary: More and more day schools are hiring individuals devoted to the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gifts. These gift officers manage portfolios of both alumni/ae and parents and often travel extensively while building relationships in pursuit of major gifts. Get the inside scoop from major gift officers about the skills they’ve developed to navigate and build ongoing relationships with donors that lead to successful solicitations and continued engagement with your school.
What are the national trends in staffing and how does a development director decide when to devote resources to a major gift officer? How are portfolios created and managed? What metrics are used to measure effectiveness? How do you manage expectations from both the Head, Development Director and Major Gifts Officer perspective? What kind of background and personal characteristics are needed for success in the role? Find out at this session.
- Understand what skills and organizational structure contribute to the success of a major gift officer.
- Determine if your school is a candidate for the creation of a major gifts position.
- Find out why two schools decided to invest in a dedicated major gifts officer.
Attendees from the GG+A team also include:
- Chris Marshall, Senior Vice President and Managing Director
- Connor Kasey, Director, DonorScape Prospect Intelligence
For more information, visit the CASE website. See you there!