COLUMBUS, Ohio – More than 750,000 donors contributed a total of $3 billion to Ohio State University’s most successful fundraising effort in its 146-year history.
The But for Ohio State campaign had a $2.5 billion goal.
The number of contributions is believed to be the most donors ever to a higher education campaign, the university said.
Here are the campaign highlights:
- $3,004,563,961 raised in total.
- More than 39,000 student scholarships.
- More than $852 million raised for faculty and academics, including 96 endowed chairs and professorships.
- $1 billion raised for research.
- But for Ohio State donors would fill Ohio Stadium seven times, and there would be a very long line waiting to enter.