Thursday, Nov 19, 12 p.m. CST
All Aboard the Qualification Express: Using Surveys and Other Tools to Find Prospects
Identifying and qualifying new prospects can be a key challenge area for fundraising institutions, and one that can feel even more difficult in this time of virtual connection. In this webinar, GG+A SurveyLab reviews their recent partnership with three different institutions to help them better understand, qualify, and prioritize their prospect pools. From better understanding an unfamiliar prospect base, to helping prioritize outreach in service of an upcoming campaign, a prospect survey offers a roadmap in these uncertain times and provides an opportunity for constituents to “raise their hands” for further engagement.
Monday, Nov 9, 12 p.m. CST
Music Moves Us – Rallying Support During COVID for the Sarasota Orchestra – Webinar
Years of focus on the patron experience has allowed the Sarasota Orchestra to achieve record fundraising results during the COVID-19 pandemic. President and CEO Joe McKenna will discuss how the Sarasota Orchestra staff builds community with patrons, and how that community has supported their orchestra during difficult days.
An established leader and visionary non-profit administrator, Joseph McKenna, President and CEO, Sarasota Orchestra has lead organizations in the Northeast, Midwest and Southeast. During his tenure at the Orchestra, he has guided the organization through a period of unprecedented growth and change. During this period, there has been an artistic transformation of the Orchestra, an evolution of the organization’s governance structure, and an increase in the Orchestra’s endowment corpus by more than $10 million. Other successes include the Youth Orchestra’s debut at Carnegie Hall, the re-launch of the Orchestra’s brand and name change in 2008 and a reimagined development platform. In addition to successfully negotiating six labor contracts with the American Federation of Musicians, McKenna is recognized for his leadership in the governance field and his experience in public private partnerships. In 2013, he was a featured presenter at the Board Source National Conference in Los Angeles. Prior to coming to Sarasota, McKenna was Managing Director of the Cedarburg Performing Arts Center, Cedarburg, Wisconsin, where he supervised the final stages of construction and successfully opened greater Milwaukee’s newest multi-million dollar performing arts venue. Prior to heading up the Cedarburg Performing Arts Center, McKenna served as Executive Director of the Great Woods Educational Forum in Mansfield, Massachusetts, while concurrently serving as a member of the music faculty at Wheaton College in Norton, Massachusetts from 1990 to 1998. While in the Boston area, McKenna served as a volunteer music instructor for the SPES Program, an inner city youth program serving the Dorchester, Mattapan, and Roxbury neighborhoods of Boston.
Thursday, Nov 5, 12 p.m. CST
The Advancement Leader’s Role in Interdisciplinary Initiatives
Within higher education, the solutions to society’s greatest challenges are coming from research teams collaborating across academic disciplines. Advancement leaders have an increasingly important role to play in securing resources for these large-scale interdisciplinary initiatives typically requiring philanthropy in the tens or even hundreds of millions of dollars. Join us to learn more about the essential skills which advancement leaders need in fostering these concepts, what the keys are to institutional success at this level of philanthropy, and how rethinking the role of the donor as an engaged partner is critical.
Since 2007, David Palmer has served as Vice President, Advancement for the University of Toronto, Canada’s largest research-intensive university. The University of Toronto is consistently ranked among the top universities in the world. In 2011, under David’s leadership, the University of Toronto launched it Boundless campaign, concluding in 2018 as the largest campaign in Canadian history with $2.64 billion raised. In recent years, David and his colleagues at U of T have become exemplars across North America in securing several interdisciplinary, transformational gifts of $100 million or more. David is a Trustee of the Council for Advancement and Support of Education and is internationally recognized as a thought leader in advancement, particularly in the role that advancement leaders can play in securing resources for large-scale interdisciplinary initiatives.
Wednesday, Oct 29, 12 p.m. CST
Virtually Interactive Homecoming From Home
Join us to discuss Kutztown University’s 2020 Homecoming held in the KU Virtual World – hear how the University arranged week long virtual celebration culminating with a one-of-a-kind homecoming experience for their alumni, and their self-created avatars. See how guests experienced the weekend in virtual lecture halls, virtual affinity rooms, and even on the virtual beach with live music, dancing and more.
Mary Neuenschwander became Director of Alumni Relations at Kutztown University in February 2018. She has over eight years of experience in alumni relations ranging from overseeing a student ambassador organization to restructuring an alumni board. Prior to coming to Kutztown University, Mary was an elementary and middle school teacher in Ohio and Illinois. She earned her undergraduate degree from Kent State University and Masters from New York University, with a residency at Oxford University.
Leah Cassellia is a student affairs professional with experience working in both public and private institutions. She is a fierce advocate for student needs with experience in residence life, new student orientation, student activities, student union operations, and campus food pantry services. Leah’s personal interests include listening to podcasts, sewing, working on Sudoku puzzles, and spending time with her family.
- Choose your own adventure: pivoting from traditional Gala to a reimagined Experience
- What 2020 Might Tell Us about the Future of Advancement
- A Conversation with Sasha Gerritson, Chair of DePaul University’s: “Now we Must” Campaign.
- A Predictive Analytics Journey: How NorthShore University HealthSystem Turned Their Hopes and Dreams into Reality
- Falling off the ladder: The way donors see recognition societies
- The implications of University reopenings through the lens of an advancement leader
- Leading a Growing Advancement Program and Campaign in the time of Covid-19
- Academic Medicine Advancement: Turning Passion into a Career
- Creative Approaches to Fundraising for Cultural Institutions
- Fundraising Campaigns in the time of COVID
- Using Donor Insight to Design Regular Giving Products
- How Carnegie Mellon University is Reimagining its Successful GivingCMUDay
- Digital Donor Engagement: Chart Your A-to-Z Course
- How a Top University with a Lean Advancement Team is Managing During the Pandemic: A Conversation with Kathi Dantley Warren, Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations at Rice University
- A Philanthropic Response to COVID-19 at Mexico’s Largest Private University
- Building a Post-COVID Strategy: A Conversation with James Husson of Boston College
- Very Small Shop Fundraising in a Pandemic
- Conducting Mini Campaign Planning Virtually: The Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- How We Kept Fundraising Going in the Pandemic
- Yay! Quarantine is Over! Now What?
- Giving Appeals in the Time of Coronavirus: What We Can Learn From Examples.
- Engagement Activities for Major Gift Prospects: How Lyric Opera Responded
- GG+A SurveyLab’s DX: The Donor Experience Dashboard
- Moving Beyond Crisis Communications: Engaging Donors in a Changed World
- Stewardship During the COVID-19 Pandemic and Beyond
- The Impact of COVID-19 on the Performing Arts
- Redefining engagement now and beyond COVID-19: Webinar with UVa’s Cindy Fredrick
- The Why of Data Governance webinar
- Impact of COVID-19 on Higher Ed webinar with Georgia State President
- Managing a campaign during the COVID-19 crisis: Made by McGill responds webinar
- Fundraising for NorthShore University HealthSystem’s COVID-19 response webinar
- Implementing your DonorScape Results/Prospect Management Basics
- Independent schools and COVID-19: How institutions can navigate the economic impact
- Giving Appeals in the Time of Coronavirus webinar
- Fundraising for the Nation’s Museums: Planning for an Uncertain Future webinar
- Making Relationships Matter: UCLA Advancement’s response to COVID-19 webinar
- Arts + culture: How institutions can navigate the economic impact of COVID-19 webinar
- Responding to the challenges of COVID-19 webinar